At 09:39 22/04/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Apologies for cross-posting.
>
>We are reviewing our arrangements for students permitted to take resits
>overseas, and I'd appreciate info. on how other institutions handle this.
>Could you please answer the questions below and add any comments. Please
>note that this is *not* about students on franchised courses overseas, but
>those who are on UK courses.
>
>1) Do you allow students to take resit exams overseas?

    YES - BUT NORMALLY ONLY FOR TAUGHT MASTERS PROGRAMMES

>2) If so, what are the criteria for granting permission?

    ACCEPTABLE REASONS FOR WISHING TO

    O/SEAS COUNTRY MUST HAVE AN APPROVED 'CENTRE' FOR TAKING EXAMINATIONS

>3) Are arrangements handled centrally or by the student's department? (Or
>in another way?)

     CENTRALLY

>4) Do you charge students for this (in addition to any charges made by the
>overseas host)?

    YES - SMALL ADMIN CHARGE

>5) How do you monitor facilities and standards in the host institution?

    We CHECK THESE OUT BEFORE HAND AND THEN THEY FORM OUR LIST OF APPROVED
CENTRES. REGULAR MONITORING IS NOT UNDERTAKEN (but Perhaps it should be !!!)

Pauline ENSOR
Director Student Administration
University College London
Gower Street