At Goldsmiths we prepare a register - in candidate list order and a list
in alphabetical order for use by the invigilator.  For every register we
print a set of sticky labels giving the candidate number - and this is put
on the desk.  The candidate has to write his/her name and sign and date
the card.  These are collected in and checked with the register and
against the scripts. We then store the annotated registers together with
their corresponding desk ticket.  This method has proved useful when there
is any doubt as to whether or not a student has sat the exam.

Pamela

Pamela Beevers
Assistant Registrar (Programmes)
Goldsmiths College