Colleagues - now that the database software has arrived, I find I have
serious problems.  The SLC helpline people, while polite and clearly
trying hard, are not experts (they received the help information
themselves today too). While I'm waiting for them to ring me back with
some answers, I thought I'd check (a) if all institutions are having the
same problem and (b) if any of you can help me.

1   There are loads of items of missing data against each
course/programme apart from attendance dates, eg method of attendance,
qualification.  Can anyone advise me on a way to load data into the
software from an Excel spreadsheet instead of typing it?
2   The course code field does not have the UCAS code in it, as the help
information implies it will. It has a 6-digit number. This field is
protected against updating, so if the data is to be indexed by UCAS
code, it appears that I will need to add ALL the course information
again from scratch. If this is the case, importing from Excel will be
even more useful!!  Is your course code data the same? Any advice?

Thanks for any help or comments

Chris Little
University of Bath, email [log in to unmask]