In reviewing our procedures for the administration of APL
/APEL claims I would be interested to hear what
arrangements others have in place, particularly:

1. the office that is responsible for accessing claims
(faculty-based or central?), whether there is a unit
separate from, for example, the Admissions Office

2. whether others make a charge for assessing claims, given
that assesement can be time consuming and that the granting
of exemption results in the potential for lost income from
those credits.

If anyone has APL guidance notes that they would be willing
to disclose they would be appreciated.

Mrs Sheila Dowling
Admissions Officer
University of Hull