Hi Kay

We have about 5000 students resident in Halls type accommodation (all self
catering).  They are split across 9 colleges and each College has a Residence
Manager.  Its a day time salaried post paid at Grade 4 on our clerical scales
(ie towards the upper end).  They all report to a central office (me and a
secretary with temps during the summer allocations period).  They collect
rents, track budgets, deal with all day to day residence problems within the
college, with reference to me when necessary.  Each College also has 24 hour
portering.  Between them the Residence Managers and porters are involved in a
lot of the things on your list.

Each College also has a number of resident deans (1 per 250 students).  The
resident deans are responsible for discipline, noise etc within the colleges.
They normally live in standard student rooms receive a rent rebate.  They are
usually postgraduates.

If you need more information let me know
Hilary Simmons
Head of the College and Residence Office
Lancaster University

Tel: 01524 592020