Fiona,

I realise this reply comes rather late in the day, but I have been off
work for a couple of months and have only just picked up your
message.

I am currently the convenor of the sexuality sub-group of the Equal
Opps Advisory Group here at UEL.

In additional to my professional work as a university administrator I
am just finishing an MA by research through which I have studied
the social geography of the gay (male) population in the LB of
Tower Hamlets. I am part of a small team from the university
currently carrying out a demographic study of gay & bisexual men
in the LB of Newham for the local council and the East London &
City Health Authority which it is intended will allow local HIV
prevention and sexual health promotion work to be better directed
to the needs of the gay popluation in the area.

Preliminary findings of my Tower hamlets research were published
last year in 'Rising East: the jorunal of East London Studies' and I
have an article appearing in an American collection next year that
examines the impact of the Admiral Duncan nail bomb attack.

I would be more than happy to assist the CUCO task group in any
way I can, although the time I could commit to the project is fairly
limited at present.  Let me know of anything I can do to help.

Best wishes

Gavin Brown

> The Commission on University Career Opportunity (CUCO) plans to draw up
> guidelines on sexuality for the Higher Education sector. CUCO is looking
> to form a task group of 5-6 people to draw up these guidelines. It is
> hoped that these guidelines will be completed by April. If anyone is
> interested in taking part, please could they forward their name and
> relevant expertise to either: Neil Samman Equal Opportunities Officer
> University of Reading Tel: (0118) 9316249 Or, Fiona Waye (CUCO) CVCP
> Policy Adviser Tel: 0171 419 5483
>  Fax: 0171 388 6256
> email:[log in to unmask]).
>
> We would also be grateful for any other information that you can give
> which would be useful for this project. Many thanks Neil Samman and Fiona
> Waye

Gavin Brown
Head of Admissions, Student Recruitment Division
Department of Student Administration
Longbridge Road
Dagenham
Essex RM8 2AS