Sample Matrix is an important determinant of the Stability of Intact Parathyroid Hormone. A Price and M Loxley. Clin Chem Enzym Comma 1997(7) 277-285.
It took us awail to publish but we have been using plasma as the matirx of choice since 1993. While there are variations between methods we have found Heparin to be more suitable than EDTA because the latter can cause under-recovery and non-linearity. We specify Heparin samples for PTH analysis and store at 4oC for up to 7 days, samples are frozen for longer storage.
Alun Price
Clinical Chemistry
Northern General Hospital
Herries Road