Watch out for queries from GPs and the public about the reliability of your
TFT's following an item on the BBC1 program "Watchdog Healthcheck" on
Monday evening which referred to GPs "failing" to treat "hypothyroidism"
with T4 replacement because TFTs were normal.

I thought the presentation was balance but the enduring implication was
that the condition we could describe as "normothyroxinaemic hypothyroidism"
does exist and the blood tests are not as good as we think. On-going work
at Stobhill General Hospital, Glasgow was referred to.

Does anyone have any evidence based views?

Geoff Lester
Chemical Pathology
Frenchay Hospital
Bristol. UK.