<flushboth><FontFamily><param>Helvetica</param>The National Screening Committee has recently held a workshop on prostate
cancer, the objective being to review the case for a pilot screening programme.
The ACB has been asked to produce a technical report on the measurement of
PSA and I am coordinating this activity.  In order to do this I was proposing to
hold a one day meeting with the objective of receiving and reviewing data.</flushboth>

<flushboth>I would, therefore, like to invite members to contact me if they would like to
attend the meeting.  Respondents should indicate what information they can
bring to the meeting.  Information is required on accuracy, precision, specificity
for isoforms, QA performance, age related reference ranges, effects of
ejaculation, effects of exercise and any other biological variation, etc.  It is
intended to invite commercial companies to present data.</flushboth>

<flushboth>I look forward to hearing from you;  when responding please indicate what data
you have or would be willing to gather from the literature.</flushboth>

<flushboth>Professor C P Price</flushboth>

<flushboth>Dept of Clinical Biochemistry</flushboth>

<flushboth>St Bartholomew’s & Royal London SMD</flushboth>

<flushboth>Turner Street</flushboth>

<flushboth>London  E1  2AD</flushboth>

<flushboth>fax:  0171 377 1544</flushboth>

<flushboth>tel:   0171 377 7241</flushboth>

e-mail:  [log in to unmask]<FontFamily><param>Arial</param>

<nofill>