To all members of the ACB Clin Chem Gen.

The next ACB Training week to Be held in Brighton in April 99 will feature
an Informatics training afternoon as part of the program. This is the first
time that this has happened.
Dr James Falconer Smith is organising the program and I am assisting. The
format is as follows; 20+ www sites pertinent to the practice of Clinical
Biochemistry have been selected. The URL of each of these sites has been
issued to 2 trainees. They have been asked to review the sites and write a
100 synopsis of their findings. During the afternoon April 14th  the
students will present their findings to the wider audience. Whilst the
presentations are taking place there will be online access to the sites
being discussed. We will have a computer projection system so everyone can
enjoy the multimedia presentations.

To coincide with the project a special web site has been set up which
contains all of the links. Feel free to have a look at
www.acb.org.uk/training/ There is a facility to recommend your own favourite
sites if you wish.

Best Wishes
Dr John O'Connor