I would like to hear from anyone who may be measuring free testosterone
either by equilibrium dialysis or by ultrafiltration, or by measuring
sex hormone binding globulin and the hormones it binds.
My specific questions are:

1. What do you measure? ( the free/total testosterone ratio, or also
SHBG, estradiol)?

2. What methods do you use?

3. What do you report?

And finally, are you satisfied that the results you report agree with
the medical conditions for which they were ordered?

I would be grateful to anyone who answers any one or all of these
questions.

M. Lucie Fritz
Graduate Student
Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, Va. USA