Does anyone has experience with troponin I on Abbott Axsym?  As you know
the absolute values are quite different on different instruments.  This
is mainly due to the antibodies that are used in the assay development
and lack of standardization.  The measurement of Free TnI and complexed
TnI in different ratios by antibodies causes huge variation among TnI
assays.  Abbott values are about 5 to 6 times higher than Dade Stratus
method.  Can someone provide me the following information?

(1) What are the reference ranges or diagnostic cut-offs that you use in
your hospital for the Abbott TnI?

(2) What is the sensitivity and specificity at that diagnostic cut-off?
Do we get too many positives that we don't know what to do with them?

(3) What are the concerns that your ER physicians have with the Abbott
TnI?  Too sensitive? Less sensitive?

(4) Do you use any comments with the TnI results?

I was using Stratus TnI (for the last 4 yrs) and I am now planning to
switch to Abbott within a month.  The main reason being Stratus is
semi-automated and will be discontinued soon, Axsym easily accessible
for us in the core lab along with other immunoassays.  Our clinicians
are quite satisfied with the performance of Stratus TnI. Don't know how
they will react to Axsym results?