We would do them, simply because it's not difficult given the way the lab is
set up. Once you have done them, what do they mean and what is a casualty
consultant going to do with them anyway? Come to that, how high is
hypothyroidism on your list of causes of hypothermia in a 23 year old?
There's also the issue of what tests you would include in your urgent TFT
profile - a straight TSH?? How about pituitary failure as a cause of
hypothermia?

Robert Forrest