Ronald Haas PhD wrote:
I am interested in knowing of any web sites that are experimenting with or have implemented web calculators. I seem to recall some discussion on this some time ago but failed to record the web sites.

Our nephrologists harrass us with requests to include these calculations on the our LIS cumulative report but many of these could seemingly be done more easily in the physician's office by the MD himself instead to transferring information (height and weight) from a medical assistant to a specimen processor to a lab technical person who then has to look up other lab data and do the computations. These include such things as total body water, weekly KT/V, peritoneal dialysis calculations, estimated (urine-free) clearances from serum creatinine, etc.

Ron Haas
Clinical Chemist
Marshfield Clinic/St. Jos. Hosp.
Marshfield, Wisconsin USA

  Dear Ron,
If you have in minde some kind of  calculator placed on WEB page and giving possibility to user to perform online calculations - it is NOT a big problem. I have created a simple one (in Russian) giving possibility to calculate the price of WEB site building depending on 17 different parameters. Some are check-boxes (yes-no), some - require data.
The DIRECT link to required page is: http://www.interrussia.com/business/siteprice.html. If you have no Russian fonts installed (I think it is so) - you will be disable to read something BUT YOU CAN EXPERIMENT WITH CALCULATOR - change any parameter and calculate the result - execution key is at the bottom (and it's the only key on the page).
Pay no regard to the page design - this is the only one frame source (the part of the page!!!). Really the calculator is on www.interrussia.com site under second link in the list on the main page.

Varlam B. Keshelava
P.S.
I invite all interested people to visit my METABOLIC Living- room (http://www.interrussia.com/~kesha/biology/maze/index.htm)