I am trying to come up with a comment to send with results showing marginal
elevations (NA <1000 nmol/d and A <200 nmol/d)  in urinary free
catecholamines (method = HPLC - ECD with cation exchange/alumina cleanup ).
In particular I am interested in an up to date list of drugs known to
increase catecholamine excretion eg the list so far includes
Amphetamines
Clozapine
Ephedrine
Prazosin
Phentolamine
Metoclopramide
Tricyclic antidepressants
Sinemet/Madopar - dopamine invariably increased.
Adrenalin - administered during the collection can increase adrenaline
Can MAOI and the newer COMTI drugs cause increased catecholamines?

I believe most drugs that increase noradrenaline levels do so by either
blocking reuptake or increasing release but do any cause increases in both
NA and A ?
Aldomet and Labetalol metabolites are well resolved in our assay.

Thanks in advance for your opinion on this matter.

Michael Freemantle
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology
PO Box 344
Indooroopilly   Q4068