I have written to Mike Dando (Customer services, Royal  Mail) recently,
asking for confirmation that until further notice we do not need to comply
with the 602 regulations, only the old ones. I have pointed out that no
communication from DoH or the NHSE has been received, to address the funding
of any change to a system with major cost implication for labs.
No response yet (2 wks). I have copied the letter to ACB, Royal College etc.
Perhaps the professional organisation with the best connection to NHSE
should seek immediate clarification from them, rather than Royal Mail?

Andrew

Andrew Taylor
Consultant Clinical Biochemist
Royal United Hospital