I have received about a dozen replies to my questionnare regarding
sensitivity and accuracy. The diversity of answers to the two simple
questions posed is very revealing, and indicative of the urgent need for
clarification of certain basic concepts in clinical chemistry.

I'd like to thank those  who have replied, to whom I shall be sending
comments (individually) very shortly. Meanwhile, it would be helpful if
others would take the trouble to answer the questions,  since it would be
useful to have a broader overview of people's views should I - as I now
intend - bring  up this issue with the relevant  European and international
bodies. It should take no more than 2 minutes to answer the questions and
e-post a reply.  (Note that the names of repliers will remain confidential.)

Roger Ekins
Molecular Endocrinology
UCL Medical School