>I have a certain sympathy for the cardiologists. We use Trop-T in our
laboratory 24 hours per day, 7 days per week with 90% of results with TAT
of <60minutes. If cardiologists are using this test as part of a
discrimination of admission to hospital, prolonged stay in the ER or
addmission to the CCU then they need it 24 hours per day. If the move to
NPT and there are several articles about its use there appears to be no
benefit which can surpass the value of a quantitative result which is
necessary for the above and is not possible with NPT. What I would be
interested in is who is going to pay for the NPT which will be very
expensive. I would come up with a counter offer to the administration and
the cardiologists for the quantiative assay with a reasonable TAT. You
could swing it and gain more resourses for the lab and get the best done
for the patient.