Whilst replies to the mailbase shouldn't be stopped, we ought to flame
mail those people (an increasing number) who put automatic 'I will not
be in the office' replies to every post that the mailer sends them. I
seem to remember last year that someone went on holiday last year and
set one of these auto-replies up, which replied to the mailer, which
then copied the reply back to him as he was on the mailing list, which
then replied again, and so on evry two minutes for a whole weekend -
thus clogging the entire mailbase. It appears this type of message is
beginning to happen again at present.

TIM
--
Prof. Tim Reynolds,