Make sure your motor insurance covers transport of samples.

We had this issue several years ago when the laboratory (esp transfusion
services) were on one site whilst A&E were across town at a separate
hospital. There were no major problems but better safe than sorry.

Incidently, we also entered into dialogue with the local police about
the possible use of green lights such as GPs use as the route to the
second hospital was often grid-locked. We were turned down.

Gareth

Senior Clinical Biochemist
Wrexham Maelor Hospital
Wrexham LL13 7TD