Apologies for croos-posting

********************************

Last Tuesday we held another meeting of the SEDA/SRHE Educational
Development Research Network. Around 30 participants took part in a lively
session led by Greg Light from the Institute of Education, University of
London. Greg outlined some of the ideas they use on their courses to
integrate research and practice in educational development. His overheads
and a set of references are attached - some are in Word and the others in
Powerpoint. Apologies to those who can't read them.

One outcome of the meeting was a suggestion that we share ideas about
engaging with others around this area. In particular, how do we get a
discussion going in our own institutions about the relationship between
research and practice in educational development. If people could contribute
through the ed-dev-resnet mailbase list then I will try to collate them.
Perhaps someone who was there could start it off!

To subscribe to ed-dev-resnet send a message to [log in to unmask] as
follows:

Join ed-dev-resnet firstname surname

inserting your own firstname and surname in the message.

I'll be getting out details of the meeting for the autumn fairly soon -
probably somewhere in the Midlands or North!

All the best

Ranald Macdonald
Convenor, SEDA/SRHE Educational Development Research Network
Co-Chair SEDA

Ranald Macdonald
National Coordinator
FDTL and TLTP National Coordination Team
Centre for Higher Education Practice
The Open University, Walton Hall
Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1908 858435
Fax: +44 (0) 1908 858438
Mobile: 0374 958141
email: [log in to unmask]
Home tel: +44 (0)1629 734307

 <<Greg Light ohts 29 06 99.doc>>  <<Greg Light pres 29 06 99.ppt>>