Has anyone on the list any experience of using SUBITO, the German
document supply service? I wondered whether it would be any use as an
alternative to IFLA vouchers/Worldwide searches, for obtaining
photocopies from Germany, or what exactly it
is apart from a super-quick service as the name implies.  Is it an
equivalent to BIDS or LAMDA in this country?

I enquired from SUBITO and received the following reply:

"The document supply service is in general for use within Germany, but
it is also allowed to be used by foreign users. Every member of your
staff or students can obtain a user-number via internet (on page:
http://dbix01.dbi-berlin.de/cgi-bin/susuche.exe)

We don't charge anything for researches, but if you would like to
order a document,  the supplier library will charge you according to
your user-group. You  will get an invoice . For more details please
see our homepage. Use button "Lieferanten".    In spite of subito
being still in the pilot-stage it is already a fully working system."

The internet page contains the following paragraph, which I
understand to mean that all overseas users are charged commercial
rates:

"Lieferung ins Ausland

Der subito-Dokumentlieferdienst sieht generell die Lieferung eines
Dokuments ins Ausland vor. Dabei ist zu beachten, dass jede Lieferung
eines Dokuments an eine Adresse im Ausland der Nutzergruppe 2
zugeordnet wird. Die Festsetzung der Entgelte liegt somit beim
subito-Lieferanten."

Hazel
Miss H.M. Pember
Interlibrary Loans