>From my, albeit limited, knowledge of users it would be rare for a search to
be carried out by publisher.

As a general rule users conducting a search are not interested in who the
publisher is. It is the journal title or the specific articles contained
within that they are after. Thus alphabetical or subject searches are most
commonly used.

Although our own Electronic Journal Navigator (EJN) service has the facility
to search by publisher, this is rarely used (other than in demonstrations)
as I am sure is the case with other aggregator services. Access through
links from web-enabled library catalagues, OPACs or Intranets is the current
demand.

Richard

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail contains information which is strictly confidential to the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any copying, use or dissemination of the contents of this e-mail is prohibited and unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the Sender to arrange for its return.

The information, images, documents and views expressed in this e-mail are personal to the Sender and do not expressly or implicitly represent official positions and policies of Blackwell's and are given entirely without prejudice and subject to contract.