Dear William/Cher Guillaume

Many thanks for your information -it is much
appreciated by an Englishman with no
connection to Les Iles Anglo-Normandes/Channel Islands

The author is I believe a lady by the name of
Annie Galarneau according to the HTML source
code of the website

My Anglo-Australian dual national son aged nearly 23
is clearly
intrigued by all this -ie that Alderney/Aurigny is about
15kms due west of the western end of the north
tip of the Cherbourg peninsular

Why and how he asks as we overlooked the marina
at Cherbourg over the"odd" glass of  calvados ??

So I gave him the spiel about the remaining
possesions of the Duke of Normandy

Did you know that the Queen is addressed
in toasts at formal dinners in the
Channel Islands as
"Your Majesty Duke of Normandy Our Queen" ??

That says it all

Regards/Bon Nuit

Christopher  Mawhood