Dear Claire,

Your suspicions are correct - this would certainly not work!  Voice
dictation software requires that each user creates a profile or voice
file for it to work properly.

Attempting to use voice recognition in the type of environment you
described would not work because the software would not 'recognise' the
people speaking.  In addition, voice dictation software works most
effectively when there is little or no background noise and the person
speaking is positioned reasonably close to the microphone.

An Alphasmart keyboard or similar would be a better bet in this
situation.

I hope this helps...

Yours sincerely,
for Highlander Business Solutions,