I too was upset to see material which has nothing to do with this list
dumped on us. However, whatever the contents, quality or veracity of the
email purporting as being from Belgrade, my reaction and that of Etienne de
Bary raise some problems:
1. Any posting to any list on any subject is always someone's own
ideological stance: we can decide to read it, agree or disagree with it at
will.
2. We are free to ignore and trash any email just as we would junk post.
3. Moderation of a list may lead to decisions having to be made on the
suitability or quality of other, more relevant postings.
4. Someone somewhere is bound to claim that a political statement, no matter
how nauseous to the majority of us, can be made into an artistic standpoint,
and therefore relevant to this list!
Oh I could go on...
The net is a conduit to freedom of expression. Lets just hope that the
readers of emails from this mail server take a balanced view of life and
that spammers leave us alone in future...
Regards,
Jeremy Beach
Newcastle, Great Britain