Also of interest might be  Naomi Feuchtwanger, 'The Coronation of the Virgin and of the Bride', Jewish ARt: For Bezalel NArkiss on his 60th Birthday, 12/13 (1986/7), 213-224. I have not yet got hold of this myself, so I don't know what it is like, but am trying, and will file a report if it is rewarding!

Best wishes,

Freddi Law-Turner

Otfried Lieberknecht wrote:

At 10:38 30.11.98 GMT, you wrote:
>At 12:54 29/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>Are there any texts describing the Coronation of the Virgin, esp. reading
>>Mary as Ecclesia?  I am planning a reader on medieval thought on the
>>Church for a new series, and I would like to add Mariological &
>>Apocalyptic dimensions, avoiding making it the equivalent of a reader on
>>political thought.
>>
>>tom izbicki

Dear Tom,

If you don't know it already, maybe the following could help to trace
primary sources:

VERDIER Philippe
   Le couronnement de la Vierge. Les origines et les premiers
   de/veloppements d'un the\me iconographique. Montreal: Insti-
   tut d'e/tudes me/die/vales, Paris: Vrin, 1980 (= Confe/rence
   Albert-le-Grand, 1972), 277 pp.

Btw, belated thanks for the note and info that you posted off list!

Yours,

  Otfried

Otfried Lieberknecht, Schoeneberger Str. 11, D-12163 Berlin
phone & fax: ++49 +30 8516675, E-mail: [log in to unmask]
  Homepage for Dante Studies:
http://members.aol.com/lieberk/welcome.html
  Listowner of Italian-Studies:
http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies/