I would be glad to hear from anyone with knowledge or experience of setting
up a personal assistance scheme for a person with cognitive and/or other
impairments resulting from a head injury, especially where Direct Payments
are used a source of funding.

 I work for a local authority implementing a Direct Payments Scheme, and I
am looking for examples of ways in which people with cognitive impairments
can be provided with suitable assistance to enable them to manage Direct
Payments to obtain necessary services.  One suggested  model  involves
setting up a Trust, so that the task of managing the money is formally
shared by others who ensure that the User's wishes and choices are acted
upon.  Has anybody used this approach?

Barry Ruffell
Project Liaison Officer, West Sussex Direct Payments Scheme
35 Worthing Road, East Preston, W. Sussex, BN16 1BQ
Tel: 01903 - 782345  Fax: 01903 - 779377
e-mail: Barry [log in to unmask]