King's College London

Chair in Human Geography
in the Environment Field

The Department of Geography is seeking to appoint a Chair
in Human Geography with research interests in the
environment. The appointment is part of a broader package
of new College investment in Geography. Of particular
relevance to this post is that the package includes
appointing a new lecturer in the same field, whose post
will be advertised once the Chair is appointed. The
successful applicant is expected to have demonstrable
achievement and potential to sustain an internationally
recognised research profile, and be able to provide
academic leadership, having a distinguished record of
publications.

Further information on the Department can be obtained from our web site:
     http://www.kcl.ac.uk/geography
Information on current research in the human-environmental field is at:
	http://www.kcl.ac.uk/kis/schools/hums/geog/deptres.htm
Our web site contains considerable information on PhD research, as well as our masters programmes.

Those wishing to discuss the post informally may contact
Keith Hoggart (0171-873-2713, email
[log in to unmask]) or, if unavailable, Linda Newson
(0171-873-2364, email [log in to unmask]).

The post is to be advertised in the Times Higher Education
Supplement on 11 December 1998. Further particulars may be
obtained from Nalini Pandya, Personnel Department, King's
College London, Waterloo Bridge House, 57 Waterloo Road,
London SE1 8WA (tel 0171-872-3471; fax 0171-872-3481). The
closing date for applications is 22 January 1999.

Keith Hoggart
Department of Geography
King's College London
Strand