	Something is missing in the Great Debate about the Dan message:

	 i do not think it is right to call this the quality
> software discussion group.

It's late at night here in Oz, and this discussion is suddenly reminding
me of an alleged graffiti message in a loo in, I think, Oxford.

first handwriting: I love grils.
second handwriting: You mean girls!
third handwriting: What about us grils?

Hey Nigel, et al, what about the *quality* of qualitative software?

Which brings me of course to the messages about the award from the ASA
section to John Seidel.  John, I don't have Weber beside me, but the
award is a wonderful vindication of his comment on Marx, that sometimes
ideas are the switchmen that change the tracks along which history is
propelled by material interests.  As an infamously mild mannered
Marxist, you must agree!  Congratulations from all of us here in QSR.

Any of you out there who are members of American Sociological
Association, the Sociology and Computers section that gave this award is
at risk of being disbanded by ASA for having too few members. All
interested in quality should join up in recognition of their recognition
of qualitative computing!

cheers
Lyn

Prof. Lyn Richards,
Research Professor of Qualitative Methodology,  University of Western
Sydney, Macarthur,
Adjunct Professor, International Institute for Qualitative Methodology,
Edmonton.
Director, Research Services, Qualitative Solutions and Research.

(email) [log in to unmask]
(Ph) +61 3 9459 1699  (Fax) +61 3 9459 0435
(snail) Box 171, La Trobe University PO, Vic 3083, Australia.
http://www.qsr.com.au