Hello, I'm a new member of the PILAS list, and here are a few details. I'd
be really interested to hear from anyone doing literary studies in this
field.

Fiona Mackintosh
Centre for British and Comparative Cultural Studies
University of Warwick
Coventry
CV4 7AL
email: [log in to unmask]
tel/fax: 01788 822537

After doing a first degree in Music, French and Spanish then an MPhil
specializing in Spanish-American literature (with a thesis on the novels
and short fiction of the contemporary Argentine writer Luisa Valenzuela)
I am now doing a PhD on Argentine women writers, particularly Silvina
Ocampo and Alejandra Pizarnik.
As well as this I am doing some more general teaching for the Dept. of
Comparative American Studies here at Warwick on Spanish-American short
fiction.