If you look at the book (Breviarium Monasticum, 1953 or earlier), you will
find I was wring. The prayer in question was the prayer concluding the hour
of Prime (before we went on to Martyrologies and other relics of the daily
chapter meeting). It was (as it is now with us) the same every day: and it
was attached to the end of the Invitatory at Matins/vigils (strictly
speaking, perhaps, before Matins, for the Invitatory  was sung while the
latecomers were assembling - Rule c43 ) by the man who typed out the text of
our breviary in 1973/4, because it is a suitable and attractive prayer,
monks like it, and no one was very pleased to lose it when Prime was
abolished. (A lot of liturgy has happened because monks like it, rather than
on any particular principle. That is why liturgical history is so
complicated, and reform/alteration/interference (acc. to taste) so
difficult)

Here it is -

Domine Deus omnipotens, qui ad principium huius diei nos pervenire fecisti:
tua nos hodie salva virtute, ut in hac die ad nullum declinemus peccatum,
sed semper ad tuam iustitiam faciendam nostra procedant eloquia, dirigantur
cogitationes et opera.

The version which has attracted the notice of our local Doctor, which we
have used here since 1976, is

Grant us, almighty God, throughout this day which is now beginning, the
continual help of your grace. May we at all times avoid sin, and in thought,
word and deed do your holy will.

I do not know whose translation that is.

Anselm Cramer OSB
Ampleforth Abbey, York