This is to let you know about developments on the Health Technology
Assessment (HTA) Web site. HTA is an NHS National R&D programme.

1)Details of HTA projects (see our 'Commissioned Research
Projects' page)under way now include abstracts and you can search all
the pages on the site from our 'Search this Site' page.

2)You can view executive summaries, download an electronic version or
order a printed copy of HTA monographs from the 'Publications' page -
the latest issues are:

Vol 2. No. 8 'Bone marrow and peripheral blood stem transplantation
for malignancy'
Vol 2. No. 9 'Screening for speech and language delay: a systematic
review of the literature'

Vol 2. No. 11 'Detection, adherence and control of hypertension for
the prevention of stroke: a systematic review'
Vol 2. No. 13 'Choosing between randomised and non-randomised
studies: a systematic review'
Vol 2. Nos 10 and 14 will appear within the next week.

3) You can make an on-line suggestion for a research topic that you
think the programme should investigate from the 'Make a
Suggestion...' page. If you submit this by the 15th November it will
be in time for the 1999 round.

4) Copies of the 1998 HTA Annual Report can be downloaded in Adobe
Acrobat format or you can order a printed copy by fax from our
'What's New' page. The Report contains details of progress on all HTA
research priorities and the projects arising from them.

5)The next Call for Proposals for the HTA programme will be issued in
mid-December.

Phillip
Phillip Simons
Communications Manager,
NCCHTA, Wessex Institute of Health Research and Development,
Mailpoint 728, University of Southampton, SOUTHAMPTON SO16 7PX
Tel: + 44 (0)1703 595 619 Fax: + 44 (0)1703 595 639
http://www.soton.ac.uk/~hta