     A few thoughts as I understand things to be........

     All projects funded by the EU have to meet certain criteria laid out
     in the application material.

     Assessment of the project is carried out be whichever organisation is
     administrating that particular fund e.g. Konver in the eastern region
     is adminstrated by GOER.

     The administrating organisation is responsable for the immediate
     audit, they can be audited by the Commission, who can be, in turn
     audited by the European Court of Auditors.

     It would be very difficult to acrry out an assessment of a funding
     programme as a whole without going through the records of each
     individual project carried out under that programme.

     I suppose a starting point would be the Court of Auditors to see where
     things have clearly failed, & then try to work back from there.

     I hope this is of some help.

     steve