Dear all

All research groups have been asked to provide nominations for the RAE
panel.  Ray and I are liaising about this, but if you have any suggestions
about senior people who may be willing to serve on the panel, let me know.
You can include yourself.  Obviously, given the potentially sensitive
nature of this request, complete confidentiality will be respected!

A reminder from the newsletter that

1. If you want to sit on the EGRG committee, please ask your 2 nominators
to send details to me by the end of this month.  There are three committee
posts plus the secretary, plus two postgraduate officers up for grabs.
Under the rule-book, I will not be standing again as secretary.  The group
sometimes also co-opts people to the committee. Four of the 13 full members
are currently women, but  three of these resign this year (they can stand
again).

2. The EGRG prize scheme for postgraduates is gearing up.  Please send in
application forms (available from the web site)  by the end of the month.
If you know of any postgrads who may be eligible, I'd be grateful if you
could pass on details to them.  Apart from for the travel prize, it is not
necessary to be a member of the research group.

Best wishes

Adam
------------------------------
Adam Tickell
Department of Geography
University of Southampton
Southampton SO17 1BJ
UK
+44 (0)1703 595 496

http://www.soton.ac.uk/~egrg
NEW: book reviews and working papers at the egrg web site ...

and for sheer nerve ...
"Everybody looking out for his or her self-interest does not lead to
equilibrium but to irrational exuberance and afterwards panic"
George Soros