I am a third year physio student and have done two clinical placements.  I
would just like to share my opinion regarding treatment visits, because
this is the exact thing that makes me question my career choice.  During
my clinical placement last year, I worked in the sports therapy clinic of
an
established gym.  The patient turnover was incredible, the physio managed
at least 6 patients at a time, and I was the "aid" who performed all of
the ultrasounds, and removed the machines (may I never touch another one
of those machines for the
rest of my life...)  A patient coming in with patello-femoral syndrome was
told to come back three times a week for the next 6 months, and this
seemed a bit long to me.  I was working there for two months, and not once
did the physiotherapist discharge a patient.

Is this what all clinics are like? The issues taught in class seem to be
indirectly teaching us to keep our patients for as long as we can squeeze
money out of them.  If this is the case, I'm not sure I'm really
interested in this type of career.