I apologize in advance for asking a question that may not be directly related to the subject matter of this list.  I'm a first year MA (literature) student taking Research Methods and Bibliography, and I'm trying to compile a list of resources related to the influence of religious belief and practice on secular medieval English literature.  I've found lots of stuff about saints' lives, etc. but nothing related to secular literature.  I'm specifically interested in non-Christian or pre-Christian beliefs that might find expression in medieval literature, although Christianity is also okay.  I've found a lot on medieval literature, and a lot on medieval religion, but nothing that specifically addresses the intersection of the two disciplines.  If anyone could give me suggestions as to where to look, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks,
Liz McClure