> I am particularly intrested in a pastoral
> cross Charlemenge was said to have presented the pope.
>
> Edward Iglesias
> University of Texas
> Graduate School of
> Library and Information Science

I'm not quite sure whether or not it is the same thing, but there is
a book on Byzantine processional crosses that has been published by
the Dumbarton Oaks Center in Washington, D.C.  Sorry, I don't have
access to my library right now, so I can't give an author, but there
are a few examples, as well, and bibliography, in the exhibition
catalogue from the Metropolitan Museum of Art of a couple of years
ago, The Glory of Byzantium.
Hope this isn't too far off the mark.
Cheers,
Jim Bugslag