Dear colleagues--thank you for visiting the CfSD website we will keep you
informed as to new developments--enclosed details of two upcoming
events--cheers--martin charter

EXCUSE ANY CROSS POSTINGS

>Towards Sustainable Product Design
>3rd international conference
>26th-27th October 1998
>London, UK
>
>For information on the conference programme booking form--please >click
on<http://www.cfsd.org.uk/tspd3.htm>
**PRICE for both days is
***300 uk pounds (business) eg.  2 x 150 uk pounds
***190 uk pounds (academic) eg. 2 x    95 uk pounds
>IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND I SUGGEST YOU BOOK EARLY
>

>Environmental R&D in the UK electronics industry: driving eco-innovation
>29th October 1998
>DTI Conference Centre
>London, UK

Dr Kim Howells MP will launch a handbook on refurbishing IT equipment at
'Environmental R&D in the UK electronics industry: driving eco-innovation'
on 29th October 1998 in London, UK. The report will give practical advise
to companies who are considering donating IT equipment for refurbishment
and those who are interested in purchasing refurbished IT equipment. The
project is based on a consulation exercise that is being completed during
Summer 1998.

>The goal of the event is to discuss real environmental R&D
>needs/gaps/opportunities in the UK electronics industry with a focus on:
>**innovative product design/eco-design
>**manufacturing
>**customer use
>**'end of life' management
>**education and training
>**information management
>**financial consideration

>The event will see the launch of two new projects:
>***UK refurbishment  initiative by Dr Kim Howells MP
>***Strategic CARE initIative (an environmental R&D network for European
>     electronics companies)
>
>There will be presentations from DTI, CARE Vision 2000, ICL, Sony, NPL,
BT, >CfSD, Lawrence Jones solicitors

>The delegate fee is 10 uk pounds and will need to be paid BEFORE the
event--if >you would like further information or would like to book in
please FAX this form >back to + 00 44 1252 892747 (DO NOT EMAIL, IN THIS
INSTANCE)

REGISTER ME                                 [  ]
SEND ME MORE INFORMATION [  ]

Cheers-->Martin Charter
www.cfsd.org.uk
www.epsilon-ltd.co.uk