     As the health studies editor for Sage publications I can give you an
     update on electronic availability of our journals....

     Sage journals  will be available electronically with a library
     subscription through OCLC from 1989. If your library subscribes to a
     journal that is available electronically this would provide the most
     convenient medium of access for you, and would involve no direct
     charge to the end user. Free access to full text articles on the web
     is unlikely since this would erode our subscription base, electronic
     access is more likely to come via libraries. There are also an
     increasing number of electronic intermediaries providing document
     delivery eg British Library, Uncover, UMI etc which are providing
     copyright fee paid copies. Inter-library loan copies do not involve a
     copyright fee, but an  administration charge of approx 4 pounds.

     Hope this is of some use,

Karen Phillips
Senior Editor

Sage Publications