At 11:20 27.10.98 +0000, you wrote:
Dear Colleagues

Customer query had me wrong footed... Do any of you have anything good on Member state action on late payment to SMEs?  The UK is talking about it, and although I've yet to track it down the CEC was talking about it, but I have no sources for individual Member States.

Mike Cooper
Reading Reference Library

There are initiatives in several memberstates and in the EC. The proposal mentioned by Liv Glasser is published in the official journal, too (No. C 168, 3. 6. 1998, p. 13 et seq.). The first  reading of the European Parliament (codecision procedure!) took place the 17 Sep 1998 (raporteur: Lyndon Harrison). The Commission is about to prepar a amended proposal.

I only know of two german (Gsell, ZIP 1998, 1569 and Freitag, EuZW 1998, 559) and one dutch publication (Wessels, WPNR 1998, No. 6319, S. 401) on this topic. If anyone in this list knows anything more I would be very greatfull ...

Martin Schmidt-Kessel

Martin Schmidt-Kessel, Tel. **49/761/203-2184/Fax: 2182
Institut fuer auslaendisches und internationales Privatrecht
Universitaet Freiburg i.Br.//D-79085 Freiburg//Germany
mailto:[log in to unmask]