I agree with you, Carlos. In fact I think you were considerably more
aggressive than I would have been; I certainly would not have done a DPL,
for instance. Reason? He would almost certainly not have survived the
laparotomy if required.

I was in a similar situation with a 99 year old a few months ago. He had
even more minor injuries, and to my surprise died within half an hour of
admission. His PM didn't really show much.

It is well recognised that there are variations in survival between those
under 55 and those older, but I would like to see the survival over the
age of 80 (say) as I suspect that the very elderly are much less robust.

Best wishes,

Rowley Cottingham

Look, it's easy. Does your proposal help my patient? If it does, then I
shall embrace it with all my heart. If it does not, go away and find
another proposal.