Hi Angie

I am working with mindman 3.0. The next version (3.5) will  have it's roll out
these days. In my opinio it is a great and easy to use tool. Please refer to
their homepage at:
http://www.mindman.com/
You can even compile java based web pages from your mindmaps, including links
to whatever other pages you like (take a look at my new homepage, not perfect,
but very quickly produced with this tool - though this is not it's primary
purpose).

Good luck

Joerg

At 12:15 25.09.98 +1000, you wrote:
>I am a new member of this list and not sure of the types of discussion.
> However, I am seeking some information about a software package which will
>produce maps of attitudes, ideas opinions etc.
> The idea I have for use of the package  is; during initial interviews with
>young people (yp) to build a map of each yp's opinions and attitudes
>towards (eg. school, parents, the community) and to map their value system
>together with them. This will then be explored further during later
>interview sessions. There are several advantages I can see by using a
>software package: interviewer/interviewee work together breaking down the
>i/i barrier; the young interviewee may become more interested in the
>project; yp would have own copy of 'mind map'; comparitive analysis between
>subjects; use with NUDIST if possible.
>Angie
>
>Angie Marsh
>Centre for Research and Learning in Regional Australia
>University of Tasmania
>WEB http://www.educ.utas.edu.au/CRLRA

Dr. Joerg Struebing
Free University of Berlin, Institute for Sociology,
Babelsberger Str. 14-16, D-10715 Berlin,
Phone office ++49-30-85002-140 Phone home ++49-561-774946
Fax office ++49-30-85002-138, E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
www: http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~ifs/struebin/welcome.html