Re liturgical terms:

The communicants imbibed the consecrated wine through a gold or silver tube or reed known by a variety of names such as fistula, pipa, or calamus. Probably a straw like instrument (A Dictionary of Liturgy and Worship, J.G. Davies, ed., p. 127). We have one in our sacristy for the sick; it's gold (or gold plated), about three inches long, with a little fan-like protuberance on the side for gripping the instrument.

The strainer is the passoire, used to strain extraneous matters from the wine, either before consecration or before communicating. . See the article in the Dictionnaire d'archeologie chretienne et de liturgie 13: 2266.

A plenarium is a book of formulae and texts, containing all matters pertaining to one subject. It could be a plenarium (or plenarius) of requiem texts, or gospels, or church rents. (Catholic Encyclopedia 12: 164).

Hope this is useful.

Thomas Sullivan, OSB