> * Sabina, martyr (date unknown) - according to the sixth century passio,
> she was a widow who was converted to Christianity by her Syrian servant
> Serapia

Magnificent basilica on the Aventino in Roma, it is said it was built on
the place of her residence.
As one of my best friends lives in Roma and is called Sabine, i never
forget to pay a visit to that antique church.
Two years ago, on a working car trip through Burgundy, i stopped near
the A6 motorway, in Ste Sabine, a small town, and there i had the
surprise to see that her head was kept there in a (silver ?) reliquary
(sorry for my english). The monks of a nearby monastery had stolen it in
Roma long ago and were bringing it in their cistersian abbey (i could
easily find where). Before arriving there, the head of the saint would
not move anymore, in spite of their efforts, so it remained there.
I didn't see the reliquary, only photographs of it.

> Carolyn Muessig

James Herisson
Paris - France
"Fiducia est quoddam robur spei"