It is very interesting that, although I have not made any formal study
of this, there are also St. Rock, Rocco, Roche in the U.S. (I am
familiar with some in current or once Italian communities and wouldn't
doubt that they are elsewhere in other communities). Yet, as mentioned
in the original post of this theme, there is a mystery that surrounds
this Saint and his origins. Yes, it's very cultish/mysterious.
I don't know if I missed any such posting here, but does anyone on the
list know if anybody, has made this a serious course of study/research?
Robert Colasacco