-----Mensaje original-----
De: Dianne O'Connell <[log in to unmask]>
Para: [log in to unmask]
Fecha: Miércoles, 16 de Septiembre de 1998 01:50 a.m.
Asunto: Help with Spanish

>Dear Spanish members of the list,
>
>Ola!
>
>We are doing a systematic review of the literature on interventions to
>reduce the need for homologous (allogeneic or sangre homologa) blood after
>elective surgery.
>
>We have a Spanish paper and require assistance with the data extraction.
>
>We are extracting data representing the number of patients in the treatment
>and control groups who required transfusion with homologous blood.  Where
>possible we are using red cells, packed red cells or whole blood rather
>than plasma or platelets.
>
>The paper reports "el numero de pacientes que no necesitaron hemoderivados
>..."
>
>Could someone please tell me what is "hemoderivados"?

Hola! (with 'H", without  "H" it means wave and reminds me to take a
vacation on the beach!)

In our country (Argentina) Hemoderivados stands for products obtained from
blood, like factor VIII, cryoprecipitate, etc. so I think that the word is
the thing you 're looking for.
Best regards

Martín O'Flaherty
Servicio de Clínica Médica