I am trying to put together a protocol that a health visitor can follow, by
which she will be able to order chest X-rays for: -

	immigrants who have not been X-rayed at the port of entry; and
	contacts of cases of tuberculosis.

Does anybody have any such protocols that I could adapt to local use?

Does anybody have any protocols by which nurses can order X-rays - e.g. in
casualty? If I will have to develop a protocol from scratch I need to try
to include al the appropriate contraindications, and I would rather not
have to re-invent the wheel.

TIA,

Dr Peter M B English
Consultant in Communicable Disease Control
Surrey Communicable Disease Control Service
c/o East Surrey Health Authority
West Park Road
Epsom
Surrey KT19 8PH