On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, James Weinheimer wrote:

> There seems to be a general amount of confusion about describing these
> "events". We need to keep in mind that we are describing objects and not the
> events, themselves. There may be various objects (web pages, books, images,
> maps, etc.) concerning an event, e.g. the festival in Texas where people sit
> around and tell tall tales.

On our web site we have a database of elib projects.  I guess projects fit
the same pattern as 'events' with associated papers,workshops etc. These
projects are described using a ROADS Project template which we had to
invent for the purpose as it has very different attributes from the
Document template. Which I guess supports Siggie's view about staying
'document like object oriented'.

Rachel

Rachel Heery
UKOLN (UK Office for Library and Information Networking)
University of Bath                              tel: +44 (0)1225 826724
Bath, BA2 7AY, UK                               fax: +44 (0)1225 826838
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/