Manchester Royal Infirmary have a 6 hour chest pain assessment unit up and
running. I think acute exercise testing is used for patients equivocal at
the end of 6 hours. I trhink this is the Manchester hospital Ffion refers
to. If you need to know the exact people to contact mail me directly. The
work is (hopefully) to be published soon (ish).

Simon Carley
Anaesthetics / Intensive Care
Stepping Hill Hospital
Stockport
England

----------
> From: pmartin <[log in to unmask]>
> To: INTERNET:[log in to unmask]
> Subject: cardiac chest pain
> Date: 15 September 1998 20:54
>
> Steve,
>
> There are 2 hospitals in Mersey doing some form of rapid chest pain
> assessment at the moment.
> One is assaying troponin T levels 12 hours after pain onset, with other
> various criteria (pain, ECG etc) to exclude those not to be sent home.
> The other (along with a Manchester hospital) is doing continuous 12-lead
ST